Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Recap of Technologies used for Class

I had fun using the different technologies for this class.  The Joomla project proved to be especially helpful in relearning informaiton that I had learned from my undergraduate degree 15 years ago.  Using the other tools such as Blogger and Twitter also proved especially useful.  I had prior knowledge in these two fields, but it is always good to refresh skills and learn practical ideas on how this could be used in a library setting.

My only regret for this class is that it went by so quickly.  I appreciate being able to do this class in a Maymester setting, but feel an entire 15 weeks might have enabled us to dive into more technologies that are appropriate for the library.  Maybe that is the "techy" part of me speaking, but I truly believe that academic and public libraries are headed in this route where knowledge of technologies present is going to be a crucial aspect of our job.

Particularly of use as well as the technologies was the discussion board postings.  The one thing I really enjoyed about MLIS 7000 was the thought provoking discussion boards we had.  This class exceeded that experience and having us as students being the moderator for one of the topics was a clever way to approach discussion boards.  I want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and knowledges.  I really am going to be leaving this class with a wealth of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment